Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Medical Staff at Miller Motor Sports Park




I had a wonderful, exciting and adrenalin filled weekend at the races. This was my first opportunity to work on the medical staff and Miller Motor Sports Park.

My love for motor sports and love for the races, could only be made better by adding emergency medicine to the mix. High Speeds, great racing, amazing machines and a little carnage is my best case scenario. I was not let down.

I was assigned to Gator three, stationed at the start of the third corner. Mike Bohling, a Paramedic from Salt Lake was my partner. At first things were a little slow, but by day three we were the spot to be.

Ruben Xaus, was one of a few riders we tended to that weekend. Although I cannot disclose his injuries, I can say that it took us a bit to communicate and get him off the track.

I look forward to the next big event there. What a tremendous facility it is. What an amazing event to have in our own back yard. Generally, we do not appreciate what it means to have these events here. Over 20 million people viewed the televised races last weekend. Amazing!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blast!!

April 5, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home