Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fire Academy



I am very grateful to my wife and children for allowing me to indulge myself in my boyhood dreams and interests. What started as a preparedness exercise has become an outlet for boyish excitement and fun.

I have been enrolled in the RCA (Recruit Candidate Academy) Fire Academy at UVU. It is taught through the department of Homeland Security. I knew that the academy was structured as a para-military environment, but I didn't realize how difficult it would be to prepare for. I have enjoyed the challenging environment and the competition that others 10 years younger provide.

4 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

that's awesome. Congratulations. Its always great to fulfill a dream. Good job!

October 30, 2008 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Fenus family said...

Hey Jonathan it is Kara (Marshall) Fenus. I randomly came across your blog...well one of your many blogs and thought I would say hi :) Your little family is so cute...it is crazy how time flies by. Just thought I would say a quick hello, talk to you soon.

November 5, 2008 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger Jyl said...

Congratulations John! I know it is a lot of work to get there! I am impressed!

December 12, 2008 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jonathan,
Congratulations on fulfilling one of your dreams. I am sure that it is a lot of hard work, but well worth it I am sure. I am enjoying reading through your blog. It is put together very well. Keep up the good work!

May 23, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home